FOOD and all that it can do for your mood. A horrid day can be put straight by good food. The aromas, the textures, the assault on the taste buds can make one forget all the worries and the woes.

At the same time a little extra salt/ sugar, an extra unrequired minute on the stove, a slightly burnt smell and it kills even the most romantic of moods.

I myself, am no gourmet cook nor do i have the facilities to be one, but I make do with what i have and do manage to cook well enough.

I don't gorge on red meat neither on sea food, yet, within the world of vegan and white meat, I love to explore, evperience and experiment.

I can't hog nor can I criticize, but I am a self-proclaimed FOODIE......

And this space is all about my experiments with FOOD





Saturday, February 5, 2011

FROM THE HOUSE OF APHRODITE - THE CHOCOLATE ROOM

                                            THE CHOCOLATE ROOM
  
 Rich, dark, smooth, sinful and yet heavenly are the adjectives that describe my experiences in The Chocolate Room, the newest place in town offering the divine food of the Gods - Chocolate to us mere mortals at the prices that though seem a bit extravagant but are actually quite worth it.


Eskimo

My first time I ordered an Eskimo and I swear despite the fact that i hate cold...... this was one eskimo I wouldn't have minded settling in the Artic with. The desert was pure sin. Two huge scoops of ice-cream (vanilla and choco) on just slightly warm waffles, choco crunchies and lots of chocolate sauce... What more could a gal ask for, I ask you?


I also had a bite of the Afogato that my friend ordered..... and it was pure evil. Two huge scoops of vanilla ice-cream with a shot glass of chocolate and flavours such as irish, hazelnut etc to choose from. One bite and i swear i got the devil's mini tour of heaven.

Since then I have tried their hot chocolate, cold chocolate and their Chocolate Avalanche (sweep me over any time). Everytime the place has delivered.


Chocolate Avalanche

Add to it the fact that it boasts of baguettes, wraps, crepes, pan-cakes and waffles for those without the capability to enjoy chocoliscious delights and you have the perfect place for a Sunday brunch followed by a rich  chocolate dessert just right for the a blissful weekend.

Preset on my menu for the next visit (hopefully with my buddies for that abovementioned Brunch) - Chocolate fondue...Ooh la la..... Anyone care to join me :P





4 comments: