FOOD and all that it can do for your mood. A horrid day can be put straight by good food. The aromas, the textures, the assault on the taste buds can make one forget all the worries and the woes.

At the same time a little extra salt/ sugar, an extra unrequired minute on the stove, a slightly burnt smell and it kills even the most romantic of moods.

I myself, am no gourmet cook nor do i have the facilities to be one, but I make do with what i have and do manage to cook well enough.

I don't gorge on red meat neither on sea food, yet, within the world of vegan and white meat, I love to explore, evperience and experiment.

I can't hog nor can I criticize, but I am a self-proclaimed FOODIE......

And this space is all about my experiments with FOOD





Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WHAT THE FUDGE.....

CHOCOLATE BROWNIE FUDGE

Last semester, my friend Mukta sashayed into my room and popped a indecently small, i should say, piece of the most awesome, melt in your mouth, almost orgasmic chocolate brownie fudge in my mouth and walked on to the next room. A second later I had jumped out of bed and followed her out hoping to get a  few more bites of that delicacy. Alas, it was over. But, I did manage to finagle the recipe out of her.

So when my childhood friend, Vartika, decided to come over for the weekend to spend time with me and well I wanted to do something special for her. Since she is a chocolate lover but refuses to eat branded chocolates (another one of her activist whims), I decided to whip up a batch of these exotic chocolate brownie fudge for her.

She absolutely loved them and finished the entire box in a single day ( This stunt was performed by an expert and I am sure that much fudge in a day is not good for the stomach, so please don't try this stunt at home.) So here i give you the much loved, the yummilicious, the fantasy-tical chocolate brownie fudge recipe -







INGREDIENTS:


1. For the batter

Flour (1cup)
Powdered sugar (2 cups)
Eggs (4)
Butter (1/2 cup)


2. For making it Fudgy

Cadbury cocoa powder (12 tbsp)
Coffee (1 tbsp)
Butter (3/4 cup)


1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree

2. Put all the batter ingredients in a mixer and beat them into a fluffy mixture.

3. On very low flame or in a double boiler melt the 3/4 cup of butter and add the cocoa powder and coffee to it, stirring all the while to form a smooth paste. (Don't taste it, it's darn bitter!!!)

4. Now fold in the chocolate paste into the egg batter and mix it properly.

5. Pour the batter in a lightly greased cake tin and sprinkle choco-chips and walnuts over it. Put the tin in the pre-heated oven for around 40-45 minutes in a 180 degree oven.


The original chef (Mukta) recommends that you serve it either with ice-cream or chocolate sauce.

But, if you are anything like my best friend or me, believe me you won't have the patience to adorn the fudge 'cus it's perfection in itself so just go mad over the chocoliscious delight and gobble up!!!!



1 comment:

  1. mmmuaaahhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!
    n I Love U fr that......it was so yummmmmmmmm
    cudnt stop yummmmmming n cudnt stop putting my hand inside the box fr another one :P

    ReplyDelete